Tuesday, February 09, 2010

what the....

Ok, so I realize that I have been scanning A LOT lately but I don't think the "Epson Perfection V700 series fluid mount accessory" is supposed to slowly fall apart with use!!!! Yes I just moved my negative from the scanner bed - holding on to the delicate handles as instructed - and the whole thing cracked apart. Thankfully the glass did not break and my negative was not harmed but WTF! I have gaffers tape holding the whole thing together right now... ugh!


Has anyone else had this problem?

(I realize its not a state of the art scanner but it shouldn't crumble before my eyes... its cracking at the screw points so I don't think the scanner fluid is eating the cheap black plastic....)

1 comment:

Guy Manning said...

I have also had mine fall apart. Apparently the plastic is not compatible with the Kami fluid. Every time I glue it back together another piece falls off. It has cracks running out from each of the screws holding it together.