Monday, August 10, 2009

Julia Child and Photography Blogs...

I had a nice weekend in Northern Wisconsin with Cain. Rainy friday led us to WildRose WI and into one of my favorite antique shops. I scored a beautiful stereoscope and cards, two photo albums and some old Life Magazines for my closeted collage habit.
Last night we went to see Julie & Julia to end our mini staycation. It is a charming movie and Meryl Streep is great!

All things collide at this point ...

My newly acquired Life Magazine from October 21, 1966 has a feature article on whom but Julia Child! I immediately thought it appropriate to share it here on my blog.




*these time capsules are facinating - more soon about the advertisements in LIFE

Thinking about Julie Powell and how blogging gave her focus and fame makes me think about the many photographers whose careers changed in part because of their blog... its a long list...

No comments: