Thursday, July 09, 2009

leaving on a jet plane

for Houston...

Cain and I are so excited to see our good friend Rachel Hewlett and attend the opening at HCP tomorrow night. Katherine Ware will be speaking at 5:30pm with reception to follow until 8pm.

I just had the pleasure of meeting Beatrix Reinhardt at Review Santa Fe. We stood back to back during the long 3 hour open portfolio review. Her Club series is clever and beautiful! I am pleased to be in this show with her!

Hellenic Club, Canberra, Australia 2003 by Beatrix Reinhardt

Brad Moore, another RSF 09 alum, is showing 3 images from his Familiar series the exhibition. His photographs of groomed Californian landscapes are suspended in time constructed with a minimalist eye.

Korean Methodist, Fullerton, California 2008 by Brad Moore

Jason Reblando and I connected the moment we met in Milwaukee while he was showing in the CoPA juried show in 2007. Jason is such a compassionate person and it fills his work. I look forward to seeing some of these new images from 17 stories. Davina is one of my favorites.


Davina 2008 by Jason Reblando

I will be showing 3 images from my crude series...

hope to see friendly faces there!

No comments: