Wednesday, September 27, 2006

connected...

So I had a wonderful visit with my dear friend Naomi Miller last week. She passed through Milwaukee on her self-created artist residency. She shared work, made work and visited with Cain (my husband) and I. I have been thinking about our time together and how great it was to be around someone who spoke my language...
We sat in my studio on Wednesday and tried to work independently as we also tried to catch up. We decided to listen to an episode from This American Life to fill the space and focus our attention to our own work. We listened to the recent episode on Unconditional Love. We sat 20 feet away both moved by these incredible stories, ultimately about how unconditional love is not about needing love but about being practical about love.
I have been thinking about this a lot lately and sharing the story with people every chance I get. Then today I finally explore Meet Me In Ataxia, Baby, a great photo blog published by a woman named Ondine, and there in her blog she references this same episode in her discussion of loneliness....

No comments: